These are the current members of the TBSC committee and the duty they hold.
If you're not sure who you need to talk to, then use the Contact Us form and someone will get back to you.
- Executive responsibility for strategic direction of the club.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the club is run on behalf of and for the benefit of its current and future members.
- Works with the General Committee, the members and external organisations to create and maintain a thriving, forward thinking club with a level of participative membership that ensures the clubs long-term future.
- Sets the annual ‘agenda’ for the Committee having regard to the views of members.
- Creates a framework in which the Committee can prioritise and as far as practicable achieve its principal goals.
- Responsible for managing the club communications plan, its website and the Closed TBSC facebook page
- Deputise for the Commodore in their absence.
- Member of Sailing Committee as representative of Club Flag Officers.
- Responsible for managing the Alex Holliday fund
- Manages club house bookings for memebrs
- Main point of contact for Club correspondence from outside agencies and Club Trustees.
- Custodian of all (non financial) Club documents.
- Contributes to and circulates agenda and sends out notices for all General Committee Meetings, EGMs and the AGM.
- Takes minutes of Committee meetings, EGMs and the AGM and distributes as required.
- Ensures that any disciplinary processes are conducted within the Club’s rules.
- Commissions updates to the Club Constitution and procedures for Committee approval.
Honorary Treasurer and Membership Secretary.
- Responsible for Club finances and the settlement of accounts and for keeping the Committee informed of the Club’s financial position.
- Produces the audited annual accounts at the AGM.
- Receives and processes membership applications.
- Manages the Club’s subscription renewal and maintains current membership lists.
- Prepares and publishes annual sailing calendar, to include duty rosters, and racing results.
- Chairs Sailing Committee responsible for formulating and reviewing sailing in-structions, setting handicap ratings, results adjudication, and advisory hearings.
- Trains and provides guidance to Duty Race Officers.
- Works with the Club Bosun to ensure essential race related equipment, including club dinghies and racing marks, is available and at all times maintained in serviceable condition.
- Prepares and delivers Sailing Secretary’s report to the AGM.
- Member of the Sailing Committee representing the club multi-hull classes.
- Member of the Sailing Committee representing the club mono-hull classes.
- Overall management of DutyMan
- Overall management of club merchandise
- Responsible for management of boat parking, including allocation of spaces, and maintenance of the launching ramp and areas used for parking members’ and club boats.
- Responsible for managing house improvement works
- Responsible for house security
- Responsible for the upkeep and security of all club boats and equipment, and arrangements for storage of members’ rigging.
- Repair and maintenance of support boat and trailer, and ancillary equipment.
- Club cleaning and setting up for club events
- Purchasing and maintaining bar stocks, and accounting to the Honorary Treasurer for expenditure.
- Collection and delivery of bar takings and other monies to Honorary Treasurer for banking.
- Purchasing and maintaining level of consumables
- Assist organising the annual Prize-giving and Laying Up Supper
- Assist in orgainsing social events
- Assist by supporting club events
- Organise and oversee the annual Prize-giving and Laying-up Supper.
- Organise ad-hoc social events such as live music, Fun Days, social evenings, and quiz nights with the purpose of providing social stimulus, an inclusive atmosphere, and generating income for the club.
- Assist the Committee by supporting club events such as ‘Push the Boat Out’, ‘Bart’s Bash’, and club Taster Days.
Assistant Sailing Secretary Ross Power
- Deputise for Honorary Sailing Secretary in their absence.
- Registration of club for special events such as ‘Push the Boat Out’ and ‘Bart’s Bash’.