Join us at TBSC
If you are thinking of joining us, well that's great. You can always use the Contact Us form to make some enquiries, but why not come down for a visit when we are sailing. We'd love to show you around our club, have a chat and hopefully answer any questions that you might have. We are a small but very friendly club, so are generally only open when some sailing is going on, and that usually means on a Weekend. Best check on the 'Fixtures' which you can find under the 'On the Water' menu, to make sure your journey won't be wasted.
We are run entirely by volunteers for the benefit of all members, so everyone is asked to cover a small number of duties to keep things running.
In addition to the usual 'sailor(s) with their own boat' type of memberships, we now have 2 other types:
- SOCIAL MEMBERSHIP:- Allows you to use the clubhouse facilities, but only when sailing is going on, because unlike full members you don't get a club key. You also don't get a vote at any club meetings.
- CLUB BOAT MEMBERSHIP:- Allows people who don't have, or want, to buy their own boat (i.e. newbies who might not know what type of boat to buy) to still join and sail. Basically you pay for the level of membership you require (family, couple, single, etc) plus you pay a notional £110 (boat parking fee). Except you don't have a boat to park, so this actually covers free use (normal over 18 sailing members pay £10 a sailing session if they hire club boats) of any of the club dinghies throughout the season
- There are four main conditions: -
- Priority to club boat use is given to Training use during Taster and Course days.
- Club boats can ONLY be used when the Support Boat is on duty. So you cannot go for a sail on your own.
- You need to be able to rig the boat and demonstrate a level of sailing competence
- You are only allowed one club boat per membership per session
- There are four main conditions: -
In the panel below you'll see the various membership costs.
If all of this has left your appetite whetted, and you'd like to join us, then just complete the and get things started. We will get back to you as soon as we are able.
Please be aware that in line with our Club Premises Certificate conditions, new members have to wait two days from the acceptance of thier application before they receive any membership privilages.
Any question please please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership and boat park fees
|Membership Level||Cost per year|
|Joining fee - one-off fee of £30||------|
|(Note: This is payable each year if annual fees are not paid on time)|
|Family - all children up to 25||£180.00|
|Single - aged over 25||£160.00|
|Single Young Person - aged 18 to 25||£100.00|
|Cadet - aged 8 to 18 (Includes social membership for parent or guardian whilst sailing)||£50.00|
|(Note: joining fee does not apply to cadet members)|
|Social Memberships (access to club on sailing days only)|
|(Note: Joining fee does not apply to Social Members)|
|Single - aged 18 and over||£30.00|
|Family or Couple||£45.00|
|Boat Storage*||Cost per year|
|Monohull - on boat park||£48.00|
|Monohull - on rack||£40.00|
|Boards & Canoes (only available for boat owning members)||£50.00|
|Club Boat Membership||£110.00|
|*If Members have more than one boat, the costs is an additional £25 per boat. Due to limited space, the committee reserves the right to restrict the number of boats each Member has at the club.|
|Note: Fees are based on a full calendar years membership. Reduced fees apply from 1 August annually except for Joining Fee and Social fees that are fixed for the year.|