Join us at TBSC
If you are thinking of joining us, well that's great. You can always use the Contact Us form to make some enquiries, but why not come down for a visit when we are sailing. We'd love to show you around our club, have a chat and hopefully answer any questions that you might have. We are a small but very friendly club, so are generally only open when some sailing is going on, and that usually means on a Weekend. Best check on the 'Fixtures' which you can find under the 'On the Water' menu, to make sure your journey won't be wasted..
And don't worry, if you do join, you don't have to take part in the racing. We cruise and can offer training or you can just have a leisurely sail about.
We are run entirely by volunteers for the benefit of all members, so everyone is asked to cover a small number of duties to keep things running.
In addition to the usual 'sailor(s) with their own boat' type of memberships, we now have 2 other types:
- SOCIAL MEMBERSHIP:- Allows you to use the clubhouse facilities, but only when sailing is going on, because unlike full members you don't get a club key. You also don't get a vote at any club meetings.
- CLUB BOAT MEMBERSHIP:- Allows people who don't have, or want, to buy their own boat (i.e. newbies who might not know what type of boat to buy) to still join and sail. Basically you pay for the level of membership you require (family, couple, single, etc) plus you pay a notional £100 (boat parking fee). Except you don't have a boat to park, so this actually covers free use of any of the club dinghies throughout the season
- £10 per day for dinghies / RS Catamaran
- There are three main conditions: -
- Priority to club boat use is given to Training use during Taster and Course days.
- Club boats can ONLY be used when the Support Boat is on duty. So you cannot go for a sail on your own.
- You need to be able to rig the boat and demonstrate a level of sailing competence
In the panel below you'll see the various membership costs. If all of this has left your appetite whetted, and you'd like to join us, then why not grab an Application Form and get things started?
Please download the application form below. You can either print off a copy and post it to the address on the form. Or download and save a copy to your PC/Laptop, update it and email it to email@example.com
Membership and boat park fees
|Membership Level||Cost per year|
|Joining fee - one-off fee of £35||------|
|(Note: This is payable each year if annual fees are not paid on time)|
|Family - all children up to 17 (full time students up to 21)||£175.00|
|Single - aged 18 and over||£155.00|
|Cadet - aged 12 to 17 (extended to 21 if in higher education)||£50.00|
|Junior Cadet - aged 8 to 11||£50.00|
|(Note: joining fee does not apply to cadet members)|
|Social Memberships (access to club on sailing days only)|
|(Note: Joining fee does not apply to Social Members)|
|Single - aged 18 and over||£25.00|
|Family or Couple||£40.00|
|Boat Storage||Cost per year|
|Monohull - on boat park||£48.00|
|Monohull - on rack||£40.00|
|Boards & Canoes||£50.00|
|Club Boat Membership||£100.00|
|Note: Fees are based on a 7 month sailing season. Pro rata reductions apply from 1 June annually (see link below for those prices).
Joining fee, social memberships and Club Boat Membership charges are fixed charges per season or part thereof.